IIT Madras offers the BSc Degree in Programming and Data Science with a unique model of learning combining online course delivery with in-person evaluation making it a first of its kind in the world. Students will be admitted to the program through a unique qualifier process. A student will have to complete 31 courses (116 Credits) to get a BSc in Programming and Data Science from IIT Madras.
Want to know more about the IITM BSc Program? Click here
A learner has to complete three levels (Foundation, Diploma, Degree) to get a BSc Degree in Programming and Data Science from IIT Madras. The courses offered in different levels are given below.
Foundational in Data Science and Programming
- English 1
- Math 1
- Statistics 1
- Computational Thinking
- English 2
- Math 2
- Statistics 2
BSc Degree in Data Science and Programming
- Core 1 - Operating Systems & Computer Architecture
- Core 2 - Software Testing & Software Engineering
- Core 3 - AI: Search Methods for Problem Solving & Deep Learning
- Design Thinking
- Speech Technology
- Deep Learning in Practice
- Thematic Ideas in Data Science
- Special topics in Machine Learning
- Computer Vision
Detailed description of courses can be found here.